Em Solutions Company Profile
What is your main service or product?
- Broadband satellite on-the-move terminals
- Satcom block up convertors (BUCs)
- Satcom low noise down convertors (LNBs)
- High speed (10Gbps) E-band backhaul radios
Do you have a secondary service/product?
- Assembly and test of products for other companies, for example, radar units
- Engineering design of products for other companies
Do you offer vacation work to undergraduates?
Do you offer graduate positions within your company?
What qualities do you look for in a graduate employee?
- Commitment "beyond the call of duty"
- Ability to communicate clearly and to document meticulously
- Extremely strong results in electronics, communications, or mechatronics subjects
- Ability to work in small teams and perform a variety of different tasks
What is your company size in terms of employees, and what is the company scale?
50-100, and an international scale.
Do you have any notable industry partners or projects you would like our members to know about? If so, please provide a brief description.
We work with CSIRO - on a joint project to further develop the E-band 10Gbps
radio to even high speeds; and with UQ - to develop a flat panel satellite terminal antenna.
We collaborate with numerous international companies, for instance, Intellian of Korea - to
integrate their modem into an EM Solutions terminal so that our system can operate over the
Inmarsat GX global satellite network.
Our customers include blue-chip firms such as Thales, BAE Systems, Selex, Indra, Jepico, and Airbus.
Do you have any accreditations or awards?
- Finalist 2015 Qld Export Awards (Manufacturing and ICT categories)
- ATSE Clunies Ross Medal
- AIRG SME Innovation Award
What is your vision?
To inspire customers globally, as a technology developer of the most innovative microwave and on-the-move
radio and satellite products that help to deliver real-time telecommunications anywhere in the world.